I went to the terminal 8 to go to Los Angels, USA. I used American Airlines flight this time. I took subway and airtrain this time to go toJFK since I didn't have big suit case. I brought only small carry-on bag with me. I took subway from Columbus Circle 59th St. to Times Square and then switch to uptown E train to queens. It will take about 40 minutes from Times Square to Sutphin Blvd JFK and then I had to walk to Jamaica, airtrain station. It was about 10minutes walk. From Jamaica Station, it went through Federal Circle, Terminal 1. I get off from the airtrain there. and took yellow line which is only terminal so that it will go to terminal 1 to 8 directly instead of go through all the terminal 1-2-4-5-7-8. After get off the train we need go up with escalator and move to the terminal and then go down with escalator or elevator to the departure area. I checked in at the counter and move to security. There were only a few people there at this time. It took only 5 minutes to go through the security. There are only American Airline's lounge there. Other airline are sharing same lounge. It is huge lounge with shower rooms. First lounge is separated with business lounge. There are food court inside of security. They have Mac, Auntie&anne's prezel store, Chinese food place Wok&Roll, Starbucks in the food court. There are duty free, Hudson News and some stores in the security area. I stayed in lounge today because it was quiet with a few people. The terminal 8 is one of big terminal in JFK. If gate was far, it will take 20 minutes to walk. I left lounge 20 minutes to boarding time even my gate was close to lounge. I walked around the stores for a while. From the gate to airplane is easy access there.
The return way, we need walk through long aisle again to baggage area. From baggage area to meeting area is only 100m. There are nothing at the arrival area besides Hudson news but some café and dunkin donuts will come soon.
To go to airtrain station we need to take escalator to go up and walk and escalator up again. from there just take airtrain which ever comes first Jamaica(red line) or Howard Beach(green line) but not terminal only (yellow line). Today Jamaica train came first, so, I took Jamaica train. It will take us to Federal Circle, and then Jamaica train. After get out from the airtrain at Jamaica Station, we need to walk a bit. After swipe the airtrain card, walk again in front of café and go through the LIRR station and then take elevator to the downstairs. After get out from elevator, walk thorough the allow, swipe the metro card and take E train to Manhattan. I switch the train at the 7ave/57th St to B train and get off at 59th Street. It was easy ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment