Saturday, April 18, 2015

Terminal 4

I went to terminal 4 yesterday to go to Seattle, USA. I used subway & airtrain to go to JFK. I started Columbus circle 59th Street. Took A train to downtown. We can use E train uptown, too, but we need to change the train, so, I used A train to the downtown today. We need to take A train to "Far Rockaway" or "Rockaway Park" or "Howard Beach" to go to JFK, not to "Lefferts Blvd". It will take about 40minuites from the Columbus circle to the Howard Beach. and then we need to go to airtrain station. It is connected, so, easy to find. Airtrain cost $5 for 1 ride. There 10ride for $25 and 30days pass for $40. If we use airtrain more than 4 times, we would better to buy 30days tickets because $5*2*4=$40. If so, we don't need to buy the tickets everytime, just be careful not to loose the card.
From Howard Beach I took Howard Beach train which is only available from Howard Beach to the terminal 4. After Howard Beach, there will be Lefferts Blvd, Federal Circle, Terminal 1, Terminal2, and then Terminal 4. There are No terminal 3 at this time.(May 2015). after get off the airtrain at terminal 4, we need to go up to the 3rd level, There are departing area at the third level, so, it is easy.
However terminaql4 is one of biggest terminal in JFK. There are so many counters there. I used Delta airline which is located right side of terminal. They have machine to check in, so, I used it since I didn't have a check-in baggage. it was easy but line for security check was long. So many people were there. It took about 1 hour to go through security. And then my gate was 38 which is far away from there. I walked about 10minutes. there were so many stores and restaurants but I couldn't stop by until I check my gate. after I checked my gate, made sure I am in the right place, I was walking around. There were two shake shack, Cup cake place, Pizza Store, Mac, Wine bar, Sports bar, Baffallo wings bar, duty free, Hudson news, Steak restaurant Palm Tree, Chinese food place Panda Express, cafes, spa, duty free..etc.. I can't remember everything. At this terminal, we need to walk a lot even after went through gate. So, I try to go there early to enjoy looking around and also, to walk to airplane.
To arrive at the terminal 4is really time consuming. There are so many people at the arrival area. Also there are long walk and then came out to the meeting area. The baggage area is out of meeting area. From there, we need to go up to the second level to get the airtrain. I took the Jamaica Train since it came in first. It will go through terminal 5, terminal 7, terminal 8, federal circle, and then Jamaica station. From Jamaica station at airtrain,we need to walk about 10minutes to get to the subway. after swipe the airtrain ticket, walk in front of café and then left turn to the LIRR station. Walk through at the LIRR we can find elevator to the subway. Go down to the first level or last level pass the street level. and then walk around with allow. It will be Sutphin Blvd JFK airport station for E train. I took it to the 7th Ave at 57 st aqnd the swich to the B train to go up to the Columbus Circle 59th St. and came back home. It was easy ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment